- 1st year of teaching
- Went along with the team with pacing. When it got near SOL time, we were behind schedule which created stress.
- 2nd year of teaching
- I zoomed through the pacing and did not stay on schedule with my team. I loved not having added stress of being behind near SOL time. This strategy’s con, though, was having to remediate more with time I was always short on.
- 3rd year of teaching
- I tried to not zoom through pacing all of the time and take more time when needed for difficult content skills. I was able to continue to not be behind when SOLs came.
- 4th year of teaching
- This year, I would like to be more generous with the early weeks of school on instilling routines and acceptable behavior in the classroom. This will initially cut into my teaching time, but I think in the long run it will be more beneficial and save a lot of headache with student attitude and interactions with each other and with me. We’ll see.
- Morning Meetings
- These videos encourage me to make Morning Meeting more of a priority.
- Morning Meetings can set the tone for the day, hopefully instills a positive attitude, creates a safe learning community, and builds social skills.