- Students act up if…
- they don’t know what to do or how to do the work
- they are bored with the activity
- Take time to reflect intermittently if the overall classroom discipline routines are not working with certain students.
- Do certain students continue to show misbehavior? The consequence routines are not working then.
- “Lower leveled” students may also remain “low level” because they are not paying attention in class.
- They may be quiet but their minds are thinking of other things. This can actually apply to any student.